Monday, October 11, 2010

Callings?? Whose Callings??

I'm just blown away with what God is doing not just with my life, but with the lives of people around me. I think in this generation, we have many people wandering around trying to figure out their calling in life. They'll try out different things, here a little there a little, however it take a long time to find what their calling in life is. How do we know that what we are doing now is what God has called us to do?

God Will Give You The Desire

Psalm 37:4 (NIV)

Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

I find that the desire's of your heart is usually what your calling is. However, for God to give it to you in a greater measure and a greater anointing, you must first delight yourself in the LORD. What does it mean to delight in the LORD?? It means to put Him first. As for me, since I was a child I had a passion for music; and even since I became a Christian my ministry always revolved around music. In some ways I know I am not qualified, however I recognize when I put God first He gives me more.

If It Is From God, He Will Make A Way

Revelation 3:7

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: He who is holy, who is true, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this (NASB)

One ways to know that what you are doing is really from God is the doors that He opens. You find that maybe you are not qualified or you maybe don't have the experience, but some how God opens the doors for you to enter in. The best prayer to pray is you want to know is, "If this is from you God open more doors, if it is not from you close the door." Then you will know if what you are doing is really from God.

God will connect you to the right people and place you in the right situation

Matthew 10:18 (NLT)

You will stand trial before governors and kings because you are my followers. But this will be your opportunity to tell the rulers and other unbelievers about me.

When you are truly Jesus' disciple are truly live to represent Him, He will make a way to put you before the right people with power and authority. If you are really walking in your calling, Jesus will make a way for you gifts to be used.

You Will Bear Fruit

John 15:16 (NIV)

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Finally, if you are really walking in your calling you will bear fruit. Jesus Christ saved you and gave you gifts so you will bear lasting fruit for the Kingdom Of God. If you are not bearing fruit it is really important to re-examine what you are doing. God will never put you into a place to be barren, but desire you to bring results for His glory. When you do bear those fruits, God will give you whatever you ask in Jesus' name. Our gifts are just not for ourselves, but should be used for the glory of God, and for the up-building of His Kingdom.

There are a few points of how you know if what you are doing is really your calling. These are not the only points, but I believe that they are the major points we should be looking at. It is important to be prayerful about this subject, if you are still wonder what you calling is just keep on serving and keep on asking God to reveal it to you. I hope this helps, and I give all the glory back to God. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment